Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Son's Sense of Confidence

I thought I'd share a humorous story from the past...

One of the things children are often good for is injecting humor into an otherwise dull and/or stressful day. Of course, the entertainment value at young ages is quite high, particularly when they do not fully understand the meanings of words, phrases, etc. and attempt to understand them, use them intelligently, etc.

For example, you can imagine the endless entertainment we got out of our son's mispronunciation of the word "fork." If you can't figure out how he pronounced it, I'll give you a hint: it rhymed with "duck." Slightly adolescent, I know, but we found it to be quite funny. He used to also get the words "what" and "where" mixed up...so you can imagine what it sounded like one time when he walked into the kitchen around age 2 and said what he THOUGHT was the phrase "where the fork?"

And sometimes...kids are entertaining simply for their brutal honestly. Take, for example, one day when Malcolm seemed to be taking an awfully long time in the bathroom. After awhile, I realized he hadn't walked back out of the bathroom, so I peeked in to check in on him, and see him just standing there, pants down, starting at...er...himself. I asked him if everything is ok, and he said yes. But he kept staring. So I asked what he was doing. He contemplated a moment, looked up at me and replied, "I just really like my pee-pee."

It's moments like these that make motherhood really entertaining!

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post yet! It brings back memories of Chloe in the grocery "look mommy! F and A!"

    ReplyDelete